Wednesday 20 April 2016

Frugal gaming: robots!

I was passing by The Works the other day, and I recalled that Lead Adventure Forum user MalcyBogaten -- a constant source of inspiration -- had mentioned there were some cool, cheap toys there that would make useful miniatures. So I grabbed a Teutans Surprise Bag, which contains two blind-packed little robot guys. 


They look pretty nice. If you want to spray-paint them, you can disassemble the guy on the left and pop out the lens and eye decoration so that you can just spray the plastic parts. The muzzles of the blasters on the guy on the right are translucentish blue plastic as well, although you can't really see it in the photo. The detail is pretty simple, but the sort of Superman-the-Animated-series design of the models makes that OK. I bet they are gonna paint up nice. I think they'll be fun antagonists, possibly for D&D but possibly also for a future post-apocalyptic game.

With Copplestone Castings adventurers for scale. As you can see, they're a bit bigger than the humans. 

And here with some old Chaos Marines for comparison. 

2 comments:

  1. They look ace! They'd shoehorn into RT nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I'm gonna paint up a couple just as soon as I get done with some other projects I have on the boil.

      Delete